Monday, April 29, 2013

Photo Teasers, or How to Feed Your Stock Art Addiction

I have an addiction to art.

I spend hours on stock art sites looking for just the right pictures for covers.
At least that's my excuse... and I have some cool covers to show for it!




BUT NOW I have an even better use for all that stock art I've been storing up...

PICTURE TEASERS*
*credit to Chelsea Cameron for the idea

 "What's your life worth on the open market?"
Delirium (Debt Collector 1) by @susankayequinn http://bit.ly/DeliriumDC1


I'm hoping that these picture teasers will be fun enough for fans to share!
*pin to Pinterest*
*post to Facebook*
*tweet*

In the meantime, I'll be over at bigstockphoto.com downloading more...


Susan Kaye Quinn is the author of the bestselling YA SF Mindjack series. Her new Debt Collector serial is her more grown-up SF that she likes to call future-noir. Her steampunk fantasy romance is temporarily on hold while she madly writes episodes to keep Lirium (the titular Debt Collector) happy. Plus she needs to leave time to play on Facebook. Susan has a lot of degrees in engineering, which come in handy when dreaming up dangerous mind powers, future dystopias, and slightly plausible steampunk inventions. Mostly she sits around in her pajamas in awe that she gets make stuff up full-time. You can find her at www.susankayequinn.com

What's your life worth on the open market? A debt collector can tell you precisely. Delirium (Debt Collector 1) is now available on AmazonBarnes&NobleKobo, iTunesSmashwords. See the Debt Collector website to check all the latest episode releases and goings on in the Debt Collector world.


15 comments:

  1. Oh I love your cover choices! Your time and work paid off big.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Jennifer! Having it come out looking nice only feeds the addiction, though. :)

      Delete
  3. Adding this post to my 'Book Board' on Pinterest so you succeeded. This was fun to read, I too have a stock photo habit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheena! Yeah… I have a Pinterest addiction too! *flails*

      Delete
    2. P.s. leave your pinterest link, so I can follow you! Here's mine: http://pinterest.com/susankayequinn/

      Delete
  4. What are your favorite websites for finding stock art?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a subscription to bigstockphoto.com right now, but I also like shutterstock, istock, and deposit photos.

      Delete
  5. I absolutely LOVE this idea! How fun would this be?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More fun than I should be allowed to have, for sure! :)

      Delete
  6. OMG Susan, I'm glad I'm not the only one who spends hours on royalty free stock sites.

    I want a poster of BROKEN for my wall. That's just the coolest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nikki! I know, I absolutely love that picture!

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the shoutout! I'm going to go nuts and do these for all my series now :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a really fun post! I liked this very much.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete