Monday, November 26, 2012

From Fangirl to Member...

Hi everyone! *waves enthusiastically with both hands* My name is Chelsea M. Cameron, I can't tell you how HONORED I am to be a part of this group.
I don't remember when I heard about this group, but I started seeing these amazing authors supporting each other and writing amazing books, a lot of which I read and loved, and I knew I wanted to be a part of it. Seriously, I'm still in shock. Let's go back in time, shall we?
Rewind to February of this year. I had just put out my first independently-published ebook, Nocturnal. I sold 15 copies at 99 cents in two weeks and I was THRILLED. Fast forward to the present, and I've sold over 70,000 ebooks and I'm quitting my job to write full time and I have a literary agent. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?
Honestly, I don't know. It might have had something to do with this --->
I wrote a book that I was passionate about, that people wanted to read. But that's not what I'm going to talk about in this little introductory post.
Here are five random things you may not know about me:

  1. I am really short. Like, only 5'0 tall. Some of the kids I used to babysit dwarfed me. I also look WAY younger than I am. Even at 26, I still get asked if I've graduated high school.
  2. I am both the oldest and younger 26-year-old you will ever meet. I can go nuts for a Disney Princess movie one minute and geek out about Downton Abbey the next. I LOVE watching old black and white movies.
  3. Tea is my caffeine delivery system of choice. My favorite is lemon ginger, but I'm also partial to Morning Thunder when I need a jolt.
  4. I have been a vegetarian for six years, and all my female characters are also vegetarians. It was a lifestyle choice I made, and I've been happy with it. I can make fake beef stew that will knock your socks off. Seriously.
  5. I enjoy chaos when I write. Some people need silence, but I need as much noise as possible so my brain can tune it out to focus. I'll usually have a movie on, and then my iPod turned on low as well. It sounds crazy, but it works for me.
So there you have it! I'll be posting more about me and my books in the future, so stay tuned :)

Peace out, and catch you on the flipside!
~*Chelsea*~

8 comments:

  1. Welcome! And I loved My Favorite Mistake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Chelsea--we're both the newbs here, but it's been very cool getting to know you! Super congrats on MFM and getting to write full time! To me that's the BEST part of being indie. Rock on, tiny~ :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots in common, you and I. I'm a tea freak, Downton freak, and I also write better with noise. Glad you're part of the group. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to reading your new book, Chelesa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, we're so happy to have you. I'm happy I'm not the shortest in the group anymore. ;) Disney princesses for the win!

    ReplyDelete