Wednesday, January 18, 2012

20th CENTURY FOX PURCHASES OPTION FOR CELESTRA FILM RIGHTS!!!


Hello! I'm Addison Moore, and as one of the members of the indelibles, I’m humbled and honored to share some special news here on the official indelibles blog. While I'm thrilled to share my news I also want to give a shout out to all indie authors. I'm happy and proud to be counted among you. 

People ask me all the time, how can you be an indie if you have a literary agent? Yes, I have an agent. Strange, right? I’ve had my agent (Rachelle Gardner) since before my indie endeavors and she supports me one hundred percent, but beyond her support I’m on my own. I’m not traditionally published. I chose the indie route because I love the freedom. My husband and I do all the cover art and I have a professional free-lance editor who edits all my books.

Here’s my bit of special news...

Skyla goes to HOLLYWOOD!!!

I am so honored and thrilled to announce that 20th CENTURY FOX has optioned FILM RIGHTS to the Celestra Series with the intent of turning it into a TV SERIES!!!!!!

In July, I received a call from my literary agent, extraordinaire, Rachelle Gardner who informed me that 20th Century Fox was interested in FILM RIGHTS!!! I was completely blown away. Rachelle quickly procured highly coveted film agent Joel Gotler (I LOVE that man!) who handled all the details and made sure my fairytale came true.

Guess what?

There’s more!

-->Oscar, Emmy, Golden Globe award winning, Executive Producer Stephen Gaghan of SYRIANA and TRAFFIC fame is championing the project!!!<--- AMAZING, right?!!!!

I’m so glad that after many, many months of celebrating in silence, and happy dancing in the dark, I’m able to share this great news with you.

So, on behalf of Skyla, Logan, and Gage, well, OK, Marshall, too, thank you for reading and sharing in this happy, happy news.

Remember, there is no undertaking as important as that of your dream. Imagine and strive for all that your heart desires. 

Most of all, keep writing.

Addison Moore, author of the Amazon Teen Bestselling Celestra Series
Please feel free to visit my blog! I love responding to comments!



29 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! Congratulations! That's awesome news! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cherie!!! I'm so happy to finally be able to share! =)

      Delete
  2. WOOT!!! That's fantastic! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Shannon! Many a times since summer I've been wanting to spill. For someone like me who can't keep a secret this was the challenge of a lifetime!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Lydia! Thank you for sharing in my good news! I hope it all comes to fruition. =)

      Delete
  4. Such awesome news - congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patti! Thank you. It is awesome and even if it stopped here I'd be thrilled.

      Delete
  5. I'm so happy for my popsicle! I've been telling everyone about this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Magan, lol! This is one freaking happy popsicle!!! (Orange with vanilla ice cream) ;)

      Delete
  6. I read this on Addison's blog yesterday. I am so happy for her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What incredible news!!! Huge congrats & I'll do a happy dance here for you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jemi, Thank you so very much! I'm still happy dancing, too. ;)

      Delete
  8. This is beyond awesome. Congratulations Addison!!! You ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ali! Big thank you!!!! And I happen to think YOU rock! =)

      Delete
  9. Congratulations! As a future writer and filmmaker, I am very curious about the process it took to option your story. Are you free to share any details or pointers?

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY!! I LOVE the series, and i'm looking for a good tv series to watch! perfect right! Can't wait! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!!!!!!!! That is absolutely AMAZING!!! Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. When does it start and congrats

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG i love this book an now its going to be a tv series Congratulations!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love ur books cant wait for show

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh! That's so amazing! I'm only on Vex right now, but I'm so excited! Any idea of when it might come out or what channel?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Omg! When does it start.? AHH!! C: I'm happy for you.!

    ReplyDelete
  17. loved your series by the way. You are such a good writer Keep it up!:P

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congradulations. I've read all tour books and you are a master of pen and paper. Cant wait to watch the series. Do u have any oopinions on who you want to play who?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congradulations. I've read all tour books and you are a master of pen and paper. Cant wait to watch the series. Do u have any oopinions on who you want to play who?

    ReplyDelete
  20. when will the series air, I keep looking but I haven't seen a date

    ReplyDelete