Sunday, January 8, 2012

The History of The Indelibles

My Story About The Indelibles


As some of you know, I decided to independently publish Untraceable last September - at a time when I was at my lowest point in my writing career. A time when a lot of people gave up on me. A time when I felt I had failed and had no writing future.


As I started embarking on the indie process, I found out more about the Indie community, (a community I didn't even know existed). I slowly began to realize how many wonderful, committed, and talented authors there were out there - doing what I was doing. Trying to find a way in an industry that we all loved.


And most of all, the indie authors embraced me completely - they were so helpful and supportive and they did not hesitate to take me under their wing and help me.


At a time when I felt so alone.


Over that time, I met 25 wonderful indie authors who I admired and connected with. I reached out to them and formed a support group where we all could benefit from each other's experience. Since last fall, we have banned together to support each other - through the long and often difficult process of indie pubbing - as well as help support other indie authors we meet along the way.


Well tomorrow - we launch that group - the Indelibles! The 25 authors included are listed on the side of the blog and they each have wonderful books to share with you (Books Page).


Launch Party Events
To celebrate the launching of this group, we are having a PAR-TEE!! :)
  • We are hosting a Kindle Fire giveaway this week.
  • We are doing a Blog Hop with tons of giveaways from each Indelible on each blog.
  • We are hosting a special Blogger chat Tues 1/17 from 8-9 PM EST to discuss writing and books.
  • And we invite all of you to a special Writer Chat next Wed 1/18 from 8-9 EST to discuss any indie pubbing questions as well as offer more giveaways. (More deets announced Thursday).
Come back tomorrow (Monday) for more information on how to enter our contests.

11 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! I have appreciated the support of the entire group and the introduction to some terrific books! The writing community has always been pretty incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you folks have planned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, so many books I can't wait to read!! Looks like an excellent group!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very exciting, congrats on what looks to be an impressive endeavor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to you all--can't wait to see all you're wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like all the right reasons to start a new blog. Best wishes with it Shelli.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a blast. Count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! A part of me is very sad I chose not to be in your group. It just couldn't work for me at this time, but I'm happy to follow and be a part of it in other ways. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Michelle I'm sad too! But you're still a part of our hearts! :)

    ReplyDelete